SimpleMind Desktop for Mac - New Features
Version 1.15.2 - Coming soon
- High denstity monitor support
- Copy to Cloud across all clouds: Local, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Bug fixed: Copy Local to Google Drive would not work
- Bug fixed: Custom relation paths could be truncated in mind map export
- Bug fixed: Undo typing could cause invalid state or crash
Version 1.15.0 - Released 29 November 2016
- Use Google Drive to synchronize with other devices
- Diamond and Cloud border shapes
- Rounded corners in angled paths
- Toggle Checked State, assures checkbox visible then toggles checked state. Keyboard shortcut Command+Space
- Order Forward and Order Backward also works for Topics. Default keyboard shortcuts Command+Up and Command+Down
- (Backward) Delete deletes the selected element, and no longer navigates to the parent element.
- Redesigned Preferences panel
- Restore Default fonts added in Preferences
- Font panel integration removed (fonts can only be adjusted via Preferences)
- Restoring Mind Map Explorer collapsed state
- Performance improvement for large mind maps
- Bug fix: original child order is maintained when using drag-drop to change parent
- Bug fix: Several style toolbar bugs fixed
- Bug fix: On older Mac OS versions the topic toolbar add image drop down menu was disabled
- Bug fix: Angled path styles were missing in Custom Style sheet editor.
- Bug fix: memory leaks fixed
Version 1.14.0 - Released 18 July 2016
- Outliner - in the Inspector panel (on the right), displayed in the image below. Outliner synchronizes with the selection in the editor. Also useful when Searching in the Mind Map. Use drag & drop in the outline to reorder topics.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Show Outline ⌘1, Show Note ⌘2 allow fast switching between topics in outline and note.
- Angled relation paths and Adjustable relation paths. Read more…
- New build-in style sheet: Chart (angled paths + arrows)
- Check spelling for entire Mind Map, shortcut ⌘;
- Live spelling and automatic spelling correction support for Mind Map editor
- Paste Text as List and Import plain text .txt files. Each new line creates a new topic, leading tabs are interpreted as hierarchy level.
- "Enable Snap Options" check added to Snap Options. Snap to guide lines and snap to grid are only active when this option is checked. Pressing ⌘ (Command) while dragging a topic, temporarily inverts this option. This allows easy enabling/disabling the snap feature in specific cases.
- Relation style presets, create and apply adjusted relation styles
- Export as Encapsulated PostScript (eps) (Export, Mail, Export to Dropbox)
- Removed "reorder topics" panel, reordering sibling order is now more conveniently done with the outliner.
- Bug fixed related to layout mode panel on OSX 10.6
- Bug fixed related to Mind Map Search Bar not appearing on older OSX systems.
- Bug fixed that made it impossible to copy a Mind Map from Dropbox to the local root folder.
Version 1.13.0 - released 2 May 2016
- Layout Direction options (Auto, Left, Right, Top, Bottom, Manual) for auto layout modes.
- Snap to guide lines and/or grid, available from main menu SimpleMind | Snap Options.
- Auto focus, see image below. Read more…
- (Tinted) Collapsed and Hidden topic markers are clickable tools, also when the topic is not selected (see image below).
- Option "Display Hide tool for topics" (in SimpleMind Preferences) shows hide tool for topic and moves collapse tool and collapse markers to opposite side (see image above).
- Long press Hide/show tool shows hide/show options (hide children , full hide etc.)
- Bug fixed in positioning hidden topics for auto horizontal and vertical layouts.
- Bug fixed when pasting in auto layout.
- Bug fixed related to hidden topics in auto layout.
- Bug fixed related to tooltip flicker while editing in mind map editor.
Version 1.12.1 - released 7 March 2016
- Embedded images in topics
- Tinted checkboxes: topic check boxes appear in the topic's stroke color (see image below). Change via Mind Map Style | Custom check box color. Defining (near) white as custom checkbox color results in plain black and white checkboxes.
- New style added: "Natural + Colors", colorful paths without topic boxes (see image above)
- Export to Dropbox, in Mind Map menu, for mind maps on Dropbox
- Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon
- Pdf bookmark extraction: Import pdf, Convert .pdf to mind map, link to bookmark in pdf document, support for linking to "page=number" in pdf links. Note: AppStore edition only allows importing .pdfs on Dropbox. Links to local files are not supported.
- Add Icon from File, add a custom icon without adding it to the custom icons library
- Double click in empty space adds a Central Theme when nothing is selected
- Style sheet selector shows preview images.
- Improved lines in auto Top Down layout
- Performance improvement for dashed lines in low zoom factors
- Auto Layout added. Read more…
- Use drag&drop to rearrange Topic order in auto layout modes.
- Default Layout Mode for new Mind Maps in Global Style Options.
- Keyboard navigation with arrow keys improved.
- Alt+Drag-Drop image adds the image as icon, Command+Drop adds it as Image - like before.
- Add as Image in Icon Picker: when pressed an icon will be added as floating image rather than as Icon.
- Select All Topics, Relations, Images etc. added to main menu.
- Warning to prevent loosing local changes when disconnecting from Dropbox.
- OSX 10.11 support added.
- Several bugs fixed in Dropbox integration.
- Multiple Selection support. Read more…
- Rotate and Flip commands added - main menu | Edit
- Long Press on rotate tool invokes Rotate and Flip commands
- Copy / Paste Link to Topic allows linking to a specific topic in any mind map
- Hide/Show Branch support
- Improved Navigation History
- Toggle Mind Map Explorer (Ctrl+Command+M)
- Thumbnails and Searching in Dropbox
- Customizable Mind Map background color
- Improved auto import/export for Custom Style Sheets
- Auto save redesigned
- Improved L/R balance for strict layouts
- Allow cross linking in search mode
- Pre-loading Dropbox contents (Indexing)
- Major bugs fixed:
Searching would not locate matches in all floating texts.
Quote substitution in Note panel disabled
- Customizable line width for relations
- Auto import/export for Custom Style Sheets
- Bug fix: restored larger custom icon size
- Bug fix: synchronization via Dropbox with SimpleMind for iOS would fail for new mind maps